The Hamptons. Preston is a purpose-built 14 bed locked rehabilitation hospital. This first-class facility provides accommodation for men who experience a complex range of mental health issues and require long term support and treatment within a controlled environment.
- Men over the age of 18
- Detained under the Mental Health Act (or Informal)
- With a primary diagnosis of mental illness
- The level of risk requires a locked facility yet not secure provision
- Service users should be prepared to engage with services and have an active involvement in treatment
Our locked mental health rehabilitation facility accepts both detained and informal service users, referred from medium and low secure services, as well as those with forensic histories. The unit provides a step down service for men who no longer require a secure or PiCU (psychiatric intensive care unit) environment and would benefit from the ‘Recovery Model’ approach.
The service starts with a full risk assessment and is delivered by a highly-skilled multi-disciplinary team consisting of psychiatry, psychology, nursing, and occupational therapy.
Facilities available at The Hamptons include:
- 14 en-suite bedrooms
- Separate lounge and dining room
- Courtyard and orchard with horticultural area
- Meeting rooms
- Quiet room and activity room
- ADL kitchen
Gough Lane, Bamber Bridge, Preston, PR5 6AQ