Burrowbeck Community Services, Lancaster offers a range of individualised care packages based on care needs. We provide both long and short term care, including palliative support. Additionally we offer care service to individuals with enduring mental health needs or a learning disability. Central to this service is a philosophy which supports community integration, social inclusion and independent living. The service is delivered with the support of an experienced, multi-disciplinary team of mental health professionals.
We currently deliver our service within the Lancaster and Morecambe area, but are extending the service provision to include towns and cities throughout the North West.
Scope of Services:
• General elderly domiciliary care
• Specialised community services for mental health and learning disability
• 24 hour supported living accommodation for mental health
• Mental Health Outreach
• Supported Independent Living
22 bed, Mixed sex, Open Rehabilitation Service
Brookhaven is a 22 bed adult age nursing home providing an open-rehabilitation, complex care service to individuals with enduring mental health needs. The service is delivered by an experienced, multi-disciplinary team of psychiatry, nursing, and occupational therapy staff.
- Men and Women over the age of 18
- Informal referrals or via Community Treatment Orders (CTO)
- With a primary diagnosis of mental illness
- The level of risk does not require a locked facility
- Service users should be prepared to engage with services and have an active involvement in treatment
The emphasis of the care at Brookhaven is on inclusion, skills development and consolidation, risk reduction, and relapse prevention. Brookhaven has an effective ‘Recovery and Social Inclusion Programme’ that enables service users to access both community and unit-based leisure activities, adult educational opportunities and vocational/work schemes.
The aim of the work we do at Brookhaven is to support the work already undertaken by service-users in their previous placements, giving patients the opportunity to achieve goals, gain confidence and increase their independence before returning to the wider community. We believe that social integration and inclusion are central to providing service users with skills necessary for living in more open environments.
Gough Lane, Bamber Bridge, Preston, PR5 6AQ